Saturday, May 15, 2010

don't worry. it's just her brain tonight.

i'm lost....

lay back down....

it's only my thoughts again....

no need to run to a computer.

there's no cross street or freeway to lead me from....

it's just my brain again.

never shutting off,

just like it never does....

or staying on,

just like it always does....


she's runnin' tonight.

she's alone tonight.

she's insane tonight....


she felt free tonight....

like a bird tonight.

and she ate tonight.

with good souls tonight....


and she prayed tonight...

that she lay tonight,

with good dreams tonight.

and no fears tonight....


but her mind ran tonight.

so far from sight....

she got lost tonight,

from all that's right....

and she picked a fight,

with her soul tonight....

and now she cries tonight.

cuz nothing feels so right.

maybe she's lost sight,

from what felt right....


so she prays again tonight....

that she will see the light....

when she sleeps tonight.

again, alone tonight.


-originally written on 8/4/08, in a constant battle with.... myself

7 comments:

TS Hendrik said...

That's fantastic. I can feel the wrenching emotions in each line. And there's this frenetic energy throughout that feels exactly like the way thoughts come and go, blinking in and out of the head.

You have a great rhythm going too. Thanks for sharing it.

Ms. A said...

Yeah... what TS said!

Ashley King said...

thanks you guys!!!! =)

ugh! it was a low point, but a growing point in my life.... a time you can look back and remember lying in bed looking up at the ceiling.... closing your eyes for a brief moment, in hopes of falling asleep, and then opening your eyes back up, realizing you are NOT anywhere CLOSE to falling asleep.... dreaded nights like these before.... so full of emotions that i just had no place (or energy) for....

Marlene said...

I'm sorry it was a low point, but wow, your writing rocks.

Pat Tillett said...

the pace was so fast, I had to catch my breath...
great writing! I hope you're sleeping better now

Ashley King said...

marlene, thank you!

pat, i don't sleep much better than this. i sleep more peacefully, having my husband snoring next to me, however, it does keep me up much of the night.... =)

Ashley King said...

Thanks poppa. :)